Journal of thoughts, devotions, prayers for my children and grandchildren

Monday, June 11, 2012

JOY

So this is my first post. Julie helped me set up this blog so she wrote the previous post. Can't you tell?

I hope to share with my children and maybe my grandchildren things I have learned while reading and studying the Bible and my thoughts I had on a particular subject or passage of Scripture or event in life.
So. Here goes.

JOY
"The joy of the LORD is my strength."

Joy comes from a thankful heart.

"Give thanks in all circumstances"



A thankful heart is a trusting heart,
                               believing that God is El Elyon, the Most High God,
                                                                                                 Sovereign God,
                                                                                                 Ruler over all.
                               believing that He is love
                                                   He is faithful
                                                                    and will fulfill what He says.
                                                   He will be with us even in our most difficult circumstances.
                               believing that He works all things for good.

So we thank Him in everything.

We live expectantly -
                       waiting for Him to perfect what He started.

We live joyfully -
                       because faithful is He who has called us. He will do it.

(Nehemiah 8:10, 1 Thessalonians 5:18, Daniel 4:17, 1John4:16,Psalm 145:13, Hebrews 13:5, Romans 8:28,  Philippians 1:6 )



1 comment: