Journal of thoughts, devotions, prayers for my children and grandchildren

Friday, June 15, 2012

Romans 1:16

More notes from journal, May 31, 2012:
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the Gospel....
Why?
because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes, first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
When I was a freshman in college, my Christian friends talked about their "life verse." This verse, along with two others were the ones that I considered my life verses. (Philippians 1:21and Romans 12:1,2)
But all too often I HAVE been ashamed.
How? When?
Maybe not vocally -
           but inwardly cowardice......
                               don't want to make waves
                               keep the peace
                               not have anyone mad at me
                               not be considered a fanatic
Forgive me LORD.
I don't want to be Peter on the night of your crucifixion.
I want to be Peter at Pentecost!




No comments:

Post a Comment