Journal of thoughts, devotions, prayers for my children and grandchildren

Monday, September 17, 2012

Graduation speech

21 year-old Jasmine Sims graduated in May from New Tribes Bible Institute in Waukesha, Wisconsin. This is a portion of her speech.I think it is so good that I am posting it on my blog. I am quoting from the NTM at Work magazine, September 2012 edition, that is published by New Tribes Mission.

"Let no one tell you, you will never make a difference and that your efforts are a drop in the bucket. God is more interested in faithful service than visible results. We are citizens of Christ's kingdom and with this citizenship come privilege and responsibility. We ought to live in a manner that reflects our citizenship. I will not tell you it will be easy, but I will tell you, with the Son in your eyes, it will be worth it.

Please never forget who you are. Let facts always take precedence over your feelings. We are children of the light, so shine bright The victory is already ours through Christ, so be unashamed in this fight. Stand strong against the urge of complacency and reverting back to the past. I challenge you to ruffle feathers and change worlds. I challenge you to be moved not by emotion but compelled by love; not persuaded by fickle passions, but driven by His glory."

No comments:

Post a Comment